Sunday, September 12, 2010

Klutzy

So this one's more or less unfinished... I could tell you it was meant to be that way for effect but it's not, that's just kind of how it turned out. Maybe you'll help?
I thought of the first couple stanzas of this one while doing vineyard work far far away, but because I had no paper I couldn't get very far into the poem without forgetting the beginning :P
It is actually a song but... I'm not singing it for you so hopefully you'll like it as a poem :)

Klutzy
I'm a little
Klutzy
Just a wee bit
Clumsy
Kinda sorta... You know...
Awkward with my feet

When you tell me "come here"
I will try but-
Oh dear
I am falling over
Continually

They tell me it's cute for the first fifty times
As I stumble through ice rinks and high mountain climbs
It's not like it's something I'm trying to do
I think I'm alright and then-
There goes my shoe

Somewhere in the awkward our two paths have crossed
You look know where you're going, I'm completely lost
You make fun of me for hanging out with nerds
And it doesn't help that I
Trip
On my words

But you know, I think that you're pretty darn sweet
And maybe you'll help me get back on my feet
Sorry for the trouble I'm putting you through
Because- I admit it- I'm falling for you

I'm still pretty
Klutzy
More than sorta
Clumsy
And what's even worse, I'm
Awkward with my heart

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always inspired by you, your opinion and attitude, again, appreciate for this nice post.

- Norman

Anonymous said...

nice phrasing
Could be put into a book for younger audiences
miss your writing