Friday, December 9, 2011

Good Day for a Cry

It's such a good day for a cry
For rinsing my heart below the bawling sky
What wonderful weather for fear,
For finding companions for each lonesome tear

And this is no poetic rain
No sweet summer misting or great flash of pain
No thunder and lightening or roses and dew
But if you know sorrow, this rain is for you

It's such a great day to feel bad
To go break her heart and then watch her get mad
What perfect setting for a fight,
To watch all of his pent up anger ignite

Imagine this weather with shame,
With "I didn't start it!" and passing the blame
And if I were to walk away
I'd certainly do it some day like today.

But what awful weather for joy!
For "here, give a couple bucks to the poor boy"
It's such a good day for a cry
But I pray that soon we'll find a clearer sky

No comments: