Sunday, June 27, 2010

Later June

50th post!

So the rest of the country is already sick of summer and heat and dead grass but around here it's just divine. It still rains one or two days a week, but on the other hand it keeps the flowers and grass looking pretty and nobody can whine about the warmth of those days that are sunny.

I must apologize for not writing in quite a while, and I'd like to be able to say that I'll write much more during the summer because I have time, but as a matter of fact I leave this week and won't be back until late August. I will, however, try to write more this week.

Later June
These days the sun gets up at five
And doesn't sleep til ten
And all the blue jays come alive
Waking me up with them

It's not too hot, but warm enough
To lay out in the grass
These are the days of clouds like fluff
And morning runs so fast

When each moment is seen as spare
And each day thought as free
Yes, free to go quite anywhere
It's all just fine with me

The barefoot days of later June
No fears and no regrets
From early dawn to sunny noon
And right 'til the sun sets

And even when it does go down
Those few hours we call night
We'll find a park just out of town
And stay up 'til it's light

Bikini days? Time to sunbathe?
It's just not quite that hot
Or summer flings, hormones ablaze?
Lo siento, I think not

And even with nothing to do
And with friends far away
I've something to look forward to
Each early summer day

Oh picnics and oh swimming pools
Oh wishes youth won't end
Oh final moments without rules
Oh I'll miss this, my friend

1 comment:

hello ;P said...

rains one or 2 days a week? i wishhh haha