Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You

"Will you miss me?"

You?
You who put me through so much?
You who always talked and rarely listened?
You who kept me up past any reasonable hour?
You with whom I have so little in common?
You who, within yourself, had enough pessimism and stress for the both of us?
You who never held yourself accountable for your problems?
You obsessive, uncultured pessimist, you
You have the nerve to ask me if I will miss you?

Yes I will, and more than you can possibly fathom
I'll miss your constant amazement at those little things that I ignore
I'll miss your crazy obsessions
I'll miss being able to call you about anything and know you have an answer
I'll miss hearing your name and smiling because nobody realizes someone so outrageous
Can also be so wonderful
I'll miss your ability to forgive--good heavens how I've needed your forgiveness
I'll miss your impeccable memory
I'll miss how you could see into people
You may never admit it, even to yourself, but boy could you see straight to the heart of a person
And I'll miss how, in understanding people, you always failed to notice the outside layers
I'll miss your you, amigo
Yes that's it
The rest is fluff
That's all there is to it, amigo, I'll miss your you.
My you?
Your you.

1 comment:

hello ;P said...

aww that's so sweet [kind of ;P]

[I'll miss being able to call you about anything and know you have an answer]
*cough* does asking over gchat count?