Monday, November 30, 2009

Keep it Up

This could apply to quite a few people, although I wrote it about a specific friend
In a sense, though, it applies to all high school students

The rhyme scheme is off just a bit... sorry :(
And I need a new title- suggestions welcome

Keep It Up
I have a friend who I adore
A good old friend-I ought to add-
Who knows what he is looking for
And works hard, for he wants it bad

Who wants success in school, then work
Follows instructions to a T
But he gets so frustrated when
His plans don't work out perfectly

And this athletic friend of mine
Shows up at practice every day
He works so hard in hopes he'll find
Results are turning out his way

But what can he be dreaming of
With college apps so well composed?
Does he think someday he will love
His stuffy job and fancy clothes?

Though I admire his diligence
I couldn't bear his plain lifestyle
And though his work may be intense
I hope he finds it all worthwhile

I have a friend who I adore
Whose life goals are to work and give
But I'm searching for something more
And will not cease, long as I live

No comments: