Saturday, November 21, 2009

No One Else

First romantic poem!
Well, the first one you'll see anyway.
I stated somewhere on this blog that I believe all art is inspired, whether consciously or not, which means I'm not allowed to say this has nothing to do with my life, but I will say it's not intended to reflect my own life, and is probably inspired by songs I've heard much more than anything personal.

This is written as a song and has a tune, though just one in my head. There are parts where I know the singing stops and there are little piano interludes, and I have those piano parts in my head too. The version on my computer even specifies a couple crescendos and a few ritardandos, but I won't interrupt the poem by including them here.

No One Else
Nobody can make me smile like you can
No one else can hold me tight the way you do
Not a soul has taught me all that you have
And there's no one I dream abut the way I dream of you

To imagine leaving you would be horrendous
And to think of someone else, just so far fetched
To consider giving up all that I've known and loved and wanted
All this time

It was you who filled my life with laughter
You alone convinced me I had somewhere to belong
Dancing, running, just to smile at you babe
Only you've made me so sure that nothing could go wrong

I've allowed myself to fall deep, deep, deep, deep in love with you
Kept steady by your arms, my one support
Dependent on your strength for all my flaws and fears and failures
And if you were to leave...

There's no one who can break a heart like you can
No one else can ruin me the way you have done
You lead me to a mountaintop, I sleep in your embrace
Wake up, you're gone...

So here's a song for you my piece of sunshine
The one you always talked about, my heart composed for you
Goodbye to our forevers, you've forgotten anyway
And I'll get by...
Hold my head high...
At least... I'll try...

No comments: