Friday, December 4, 2009

Sin Amiga

First Spanish poem! (First that you'll read anyway)
I've been really busy this week, which doesn't bode well for the rest of the holiday season because I just get more and more busy as it gets closer to Christmas, but I've been quite inspired. Sometime, I'll turn all that inspiration into real poetry, and then life will be... decent.
Quite a bit recently, I've realized how much I depend on friends. Some days I just need a hug, but sometimes I really need someone to listen to me for quite a while, without judging or getting bored or anything else. I found this poem in my spanish binder today and realized I hadn't posted it. I won't translate (Sorry... use an online translator if you're that curious?) but it's called "without a friend" and is just about the value of friendship, which applies to my life a ton right now as stress increases :P

Sin Amiga
Sin un trabajo, no estoy feliz
Me falta comida, ropa nueva, lujos
Siempre registrando, nunca encontrando,
Me siento frustrada, pero sobrevivo

Sin un novio, pues yo puedo vivir
Quizás estoy triste y quiero alguien
Tengo celos de chicas que los tienen
Quizás desesperada, yo sobrevivo

Sin música, ¡Ay, qué mala es la vida!
Me falta inspiración, alegría, consuelo
Me aburre la vida y odio el silencio,
Pero puedo cantar, y yo sobrevivo

Sin mi salud, tengo menos energía
Estoy llena de calor y después lleno de frío
Tengo mucho dolor, quiero vomitar
Aunque cansada, yo sobrevivo

Pero sin amiga, adiós, mundo bello
No tengo motivo vivir o reír
Dinero, novio, música, y salud
¿Qué son? Sin amiga me muero de alma.

No comments: