Thursday, December 10, 2009

Strong

 I don't have too much to say about this one and I'm in a bit of a rush, but it's a little different from the rest because it's... strong, surprisingly enough. It's not about appreciation or being positive, it's about being strong. Yes, it is inspired by my life. No, I am not going through any sort of break up. No, it is not inspired by anyone who reads this blog.

 Strong
I'm sure I don't look strong to you
I'm young, I'm small, I'm feminine
I stress, I need, I cry--it's true
And yeah, I screw up now and then

Come cry to me, I'll sympathize
Since chances are that I've been there
Perhaps, like ma, I'll dry your eyes
And hold you close and smooth your hair

But listen, I am no weak girl
I won't do anything you need
Sit in your lap and be your pearl
I don't think I'm too hard to read

Somehow, though, you're just missing it
Can't understand that I am strong
This "friendship" thing just doesn't fit
And friend, it's time we both moved on

Well don't you understand at all?
That's it, we're done, I've hit the floor
I'm feminine and young and small
But I can't do this anymore

Goodbye, once-friend, I'll miss you too
But that patience is all I've got
And I'm relieved we're finally through
Will you regret it? I will not

No comments: